- Previous instruction at any institution;
- Previous instruction with the Alliance Française of Edmonton if it has been more than 6 months since the student’s last class.
Missed class / Make-up class
- to allow the teacher to prepare for the class accordingly;
- to be informed about what they miss;
- to receive homework assignments.
Students may schedule a one-hour private make-up class with a teacher (to be purchased separately) for an additional fee of $40 per hour. Students should contact the class coordinator to arrange for such a class. The class has to be booked and paid in advance and is subject to availability of teachers and classrooms. All cancellations for a catch-up class require one business day notice.
- a transfer to another class
- a credit note
- a full refund
Withdrawal & refunds
All of our classes are now offered online! However, for students registered for Spring 1 before March 17th who aren’t satisfied with virtual learning, we offer a full refund. Contact us.
- Withdrawals received 10 business days prior to the start date of the course: Students will be refunded full tuition, minus a $30 processing fee. Refunds will be processed to the card used for payment or issued in the form of a cheque if payment was made by cash or cheque.
- Withdrawals received 3 business days before the first lesson but less than 10 business days prior to the start date of the course: Students will be refunded full tuition, minus a $50 administration fee. Refunds will be processed to the card used for payment or issued in the form of a cheque if payment was made by cash or cheque.
- Withdrawals received less than 3 business days before the start date of the course: No refund and no credit note will be issued as a contracted teacher is already assigned and expenses & salary are already engaged
- Membership is refundable when withdrawal is accepted (notice made at least 3 days before the first lesson)
- Exams are non-refundable
- Books are non-refundable once it has been visibly used
- Summer camp withdrawals: All cancellations must be made in writing (i.e. fax, e-mail or letter) to the Alliance Française of Edmonton downtown office.
- Refunds can only be issued for sessions cancelled maximum 1 week prior to the first day of camp. A 50$ cancellation fee will apply (per child and per session cancelled.) No refunds will be granted for withdrawals less than 1 week prior to the start of the session.
- Refunds for medical reasons can only be granted upon presentation of a medical certificate to the Alliance Française of Edmonton..
- Pro-rated refunds cannot be granted if a child cannot attend the camp some days due to illness or any other personal circumstance, or because other services requested and paid for are not fully utilize
- Low registration number
- Level of the class does not correspond to the student’s level.
Behaviour and misconduct
- Poor hygiene
- Inappropriately interrupting the class
- Hateful comments
- Any other behaviour that may be considered misconduct from the student
- Credits are valid for a period not exceeding six months from the last attended class;
- Credits will be processed based on the number of remaining hours in the course, once AFE receives written notice of the student’s request and approves it;
- All classes up to and including the date of the credit request will be deducted from the remaining instructional hours. Credits will not be granted for missed classes;
- Students are not entitled to a credit note for a course where a previous credit was used as full or partial payment of course fees.
- An administration fee of $30 will automatically be deducted from the value of the credit note.
Alliance française of Edmonton is a French language school accredited by Employment and Social Development Canada. Therefore tuition fees for adult students are tax deductible according to Canada Revenue Agency. A tax receipt will be issued by AFE upon request at the end of the fiscal year.