Training Courses for FSL and Immersion Teachers
Based on more than 40 years of teaching skills, the French Alliance of Edmonton has been offering teachers of French immersion and teachers of French as a Second Language (FSL) classes to help you in your practice.
Motivated and passionate, you are seeking ways to improve your French classes?
With proven experience and skills we offer weekly workshops based on innovative methods and materials in order to match your needs and expectations. We will provide you with new tools that you will be able to use during your classes of French immersion or FSL.
Where, when, how much?
- These workshops take place on Tuesdays, from 4pm to 5:30pm, at the Alliance Française of Edmonton located 10424 123rd Street.
- The price is $30 per hour and per person, so $45 for one session of 1,5 hours
- A minimum of 4 students is required to open a workshop.
- An annual membership in the French Alliance of $20 is required for the first registration.
Schedule and registration
Register online only. Workshops are not related one to the others and are divided in three categories :
Category Ressources and Tools
Session 1: FSL and French immersion books: how to use them during your class?”
- Panorama of new textbooks and materials, helping, guiding and encouraging professors in their teaching of French
- Discovery and analysis of playful and cultural resources, such as games, songs, films, comics, etc., which encourage students’ interaction and motivation
Tuesday, September 19, 2017 – Fee: $45
Category Conversation/Interaction/Real-life Situation
Session 2: How to introduce linguistic skills during the class?
- Language skills: teaching and learning French by mobilizing different skills (oral comprehension / production / interaction, written comprehension / production / interaction) in order to achieve specific pedagogical objectives
- Practical approach, conversation and role-playing: essential approaches and practices to encourage speaking, practice speaking, adapt to everyday situations in the classroom and communicate in an authentic way
Tuesday, Septembre 26, 2017 – Fee: $45
Category French Language
Lesson 3: “Frenglish : linguistic matters”
- Linguistic Anglicized: the influence and integration of English in the French language and its results on the “quality” of the language
- Linguistic and lexical activities: avoiding the most common Anglicism and layers of English as a teacher of French in a unilingual or multilingual environment
Tuesday, Octobre 03, 2017 – Fee: $45
Category Ressources and Tools
Lesson 4: “CECRL and DELF, tools to prepare your class”
- Exploring the CEFR: an essential tool to support teaching and assessment methods to help students learn French
- Study of language proficiency: one of the communicative skills whose mastery allows the teacher to develop courses that meet the students’ linguistic demands and improve communication
Tuesday, Octobre 10 2017 – Fee: $45